Through generous support from the Oregon Safety and Health Section, OFMA is able to offer this 1-day class on Wednesday, March 21, 2018, during its Annual Business Meeting and Training Conference for the low price of $25. Class attendance required 0800-1700. Light breakfast, lunch and snacks are included in the registration fee.
Participants will be better equipped to protect Oregon communities from fire safety issues by:
- Understanding their scope of authority and where that authority is derived
- Identify components of Oregon law and their application to the Office of State Fire Marshal (OSFM) and Oregon’s fire service
- Identify roles and responsibilities of the State Fire Marshal (SFM) and assistants to the State Fire Marshal (ASFM)
- Identify components related to Protecting Buildings from Fire
- Identify the Dispute Resolution Process
Who should take this class?
Per OAR 837-039-011:
- Fire Officials who review plans only for fire department access and fire protection water supplies must successfully complete the State Fire Marshal’s Fire and Life Safety Awareness courses on fire department access, water supply, and fire flow.
- All fire chiefs must complete the state fire marshal’s Fire and Life Safety Awareness course module 1, Scope of Authority and Assembly Group A Occupancies.